To introduce students to the key analytical tools used within business and the implications for managerial decisions. Students will learn to apply appropriate research methodologies to identify and solve a business related problem.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Explore the application of quantitative and qualitative research methods used in the
2. Demonstrate and apply the principles and methods (both primary and secondary) of
3. Identify and develop research aim and objectives
4. Develop a research proposal
- Data types and measurement
- Appropriate selection of descriptive presentation and calculation techniques.
- Quantitative methods
- Sampling and sampling design
- Overview of qualitative methods and instrument design
- The research process overview/research design
- Literature searching
- Literature critique
- Data selection and analysis
- Preparing a research report
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating the Moodle online delivery platform. Other delivery methods my involve theoretical and practical classes, face to face, lectures, tutorials, workshops, group activities, guest tutors, field trips, role-play, and video conferencing, as appropriate.
- Assessment Criteria
- Candidates must achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from all assessments to receive a passing grade for the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Required Text:
An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.