BIBM685 – E-Commerce
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
To enable students to gain a practical understanding of e-commerce and its role in business.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1: Understand the roles and features of e-commerce in business environments.
2: Recommend and justify an e-commerce business model to achieve organisational
3: Evaluate and apply the tools and techniques used to support e-commerce in a practical
4: Develop an e-commerce monitoring and control plan.
- Features of e-commerce and their business significance
- Structure of internet
- Role of e-commerce in a business environment
- Integration of e-commerce features with business to create a commercial e commerce
- Ethical & legal considerations in e-commerce environments
Development of e-commerce within a business
- E-commerce objectives and strategies
- E-commerce models
- Processes of developing e-commerce within a business
Evaluate e-commerce tools (techniques)
- Tools and practices in building and maintaining an ecommerce interface (e.g. a website).
- Design principles
- Usability testing
- Tools for supporting e-commerce
Understand monitoring and control required for e commerce
- Analytical opportunities
- SEO (search engine optimisation)
- Security and risk
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating the Moodle online delivery platform. Discussion of contemporary retail management practice can take place in board rooms facilitated by senior staff in their organisations or visits from these staff to the classroom; reflective practice from field trips/guest speakers; observation of strategic retail management practice from visits to malls, strips, shopping centres, distribution/logistic centres and online; and applied student work.
- Basic of Assessment
- Candidates must achieve a minimum result of 40% in assessment 3. They must also achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from all assessments to receive a passing grade for the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Required Text:
An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the course. This will be updated annually.