Strategic Planning For Small Business
Students will develop a strategic plan for a small business in New Zealand
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Demonstrate knowledge of strategic planning for a small business
2. Develop a strategic plan and an associated implementation plan for a small business
3. Present a strategic plan and an associated implementation plan for a small business
- - Business planning
- Managing growth
- Environmental scanning
- Identification and evaluation of opportunities
- Business life-cycle
- Key performance indicators
- Performance measures and controls for small business
- Strategic plan including vision, goals, tactics
- Implementation plan
- Contemporary issues
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating the Moodle online delivery platform. Other delivery methods may involve theoretical and practical classes, face to face, lectures, tutorials, workshops, group activities, guest tutors, field trips, role-play, and video conferencing, as appropriate.
- Assessment Criteria
- Candidates must achieve a minimum result of 40% in Assessment (2) of this module. They must also achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from all assessments to receive a passing grade for this module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Required Text:
An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.