BIBM671 – Applied Management
Students will apply management concepts.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Prepare a project proposal to identify methods for finding possible solutions to a specified business problem
2. Apply appropriate management concepts to the specified business problem
3. Demonstrate and apply the principles of secondary research
- • Business problem identification with rationale
• Project plan including scope, resources and problem solving model to be used
• Research methods and process
• Analysis of data
• Management concepts – may include planning, control, leadership, organisation
• Report suitable for senior management
• Completed project process and research outcomes with recommended improvements
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating the Moodle online delivery platform. Other delivery methods my involve theoretical and practical classes, face to face, lectures, tutorials, workshops, group activities, guest tutors, field trips, role-play, and video conferencing, as appropriate.
- Assessment Criteria
- Candidates must achieve a minimum result of 40% in Assessment (3) of this module. They must also achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from all assessments to receive a passing grade for this module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Required Text:
An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.