Rooms Division Operations Management
The aim of this module is to provide students with the skills, knowledge and aptitude to develop, implement and monitor management planning in the operations of the front office and housekeeping division. Students will be able to explore and evaluate the current management practice required by the sector and make the appropriate management responses to changes in the operating environments through the analysis of each of the fundamental management issues used in a quality accommodation service operation
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. To develop competence in application of rooms division operation knowledge, skills and
2. To provide understanding and practice in functional management in practical management
- - Rooms division management operational aspects
- Human resource issues in rooms division operations management
- Practice of dynamic pricing, yield management and other current trends
- Quality control in rooms division operations
- Service management within an accommodation facility
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating the Moodle online delivery platform. Other delivery methods my involve theoretical and practical classes, face to face, lectures, tutorials, workshops, group activities, guest tutors, field trips, role-play, and video conferencing, as appropriate.
- Assessment Criteria
- Candidates must achieve a minimum result of 40 in the final examination of this module. They must also achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from all assessments to receive a passing grade for the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Required Text:
An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.