The Law of Business Entities
Students will demonstrate an understanding of the knowledge and skills of the law relevant to business entities.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Demonstrate knowledge of requirements for the formation of companies, partnerships and trading trusts and apply to given situations.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of the law relating to the governance, management and administration of companies, partnerships and trading trusts, and apply to given situations.
3. Demonstrate knowledge of the law relevant to the failure and/or cessation of business for companies, partnerships and trading trusts, and apply to given situations.
- - Partnerships
- Trading Trusts
- Sole Traders
- Incorporation of companies
- Company shares
- Legal responsibilities of directors, shareholders
- Company meetings
- Business failure/cessation
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating the Moodle online delivery platform. Other delivery methods my involve theoretical and practical classes, face to face, lectures, tutorials, workshops, group activities, guest tutors, field trips, role-play, and video conferencing, as appropriate.
- Assessment Criteria
- Candidates must achieve a minimum result of 40 in the final examination of this module. They must also achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from all assessments to receive a passing grade for the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Required Text:
An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.