BIBM574 – Business Computing
Students will understand, discuss, evaluate and apply information technology to meet business requirements.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Explain and evaluate parts of an information system to meet business requirements.
2. Discuss and evaluate communication technologies to meet business requirements.
3. Discuss issues associated with computer use and recommend actions to minimise their
4. Use software functions effectively to produce information to meet business requirements.
- - Components of a computer system
- Data communications
- Internet technologies
- System security and control
- Ethical issues in information technology
- People issues in information technology
- Generic computer application skills development
- Application of computer skills to workplace situations
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching will involve blended delivery methods incorporating the Moodle online delivery platform. Other delivery methods my involve theoretical and practical classes, face to face, lectures, tutorials, workshops, group activities, guest tutors, field trips, role-play, and video conferencing, as appropriate.
- Assessment Criteria
- Candidates must achieve a minimum result of 40 in the final examinations of this module. They must also achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from all assessments to receive a passing grade for the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Required Text:
An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.