BEAU406 – Beauty Therapy Capstone Practical
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
Beauty Therapy Capstone Practical
This module covers the beauty therapy practical capstone assessment to demonstrate the practical skills and work readiness of the student. Students will be required to perform a range of services in a given timeframe that meet the beauty therapy industry standards. The range of services include waxing, manicure and pedicure, manual facial treatment, eye treatments, make-up, with reception skills, tanning services and eye perming being assessed during the training year.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Conduct a consultation to determine and recommend suitable facial enhancement treatments for clients.
Perform a manual facial treatment personalised for the client.
Perform an eye enhancement service.
Perform a wax service
Perform a makeup service
Perform a nail service
- - Core professional competencies including retail, customer service, reception duties, client consultations, retail, product recommendation, timing of services, safe practice in the industry
- Core practical competencies including consultation, waxing, manual facial treatments, eye enhancement treatments, manicure and pedicure treatments, and makeup.
- Professional practice – time management, professional conduct, ethical practice, client care and communication skills.
- Consultation with client, create and discuss treatment plan, recommend products that meet the clients needs.
- Demonstrate underpinning knowledge of human body systems, relevant to beauty therapy services
- Demonstrate underpinning knowledge of diseases, disorders and contra-indications to beauty therapy services
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment in this module is mixed mode. To pass this module all assessments must be submitted and an overall pass mark of 50% is required. Students must also meet all the requirements of the competency-based assessment tasks. The final grade will be based on the marks from the achievement-based tasks
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Theoretical Face to Face
Group activities Self-directed learning
Inquiry based learning Project-based learning