ARBO613 – Arboriculture Research Topic
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
Arboriculture Research Topic
The aim of this module is to develop students skill and knowledge in the evaluation and justification of conclusions drawn in simple research for the arboriculture industry of New Zealand.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Formulate an arboriculture research proposal on current industry topics or areas of public interest.
2. Interpret research findings and present the required information and justified conclusion for parties to the arboriculture industry.
- ? What constitutes research and its contribution to the development of the profession of arboriculture.
? Developing a research proposal.
? Specific requirements of information; for public, ratepayers, corporate organizations, government organizations
? Research methodology and techniques.
? Data collection and analysis
? Justification of conclusions
? Literature search and review methods.
? Students undertake a practical research project that produces new information.
? Information dissemination through internal and external networks
? Information formats
? 100 hours of research effort is evident.
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio is comprised of multiple components. Students need to pass all components of the portfolio with at least 50% in order to pass this module.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Project-based learning; Flipped Classroom; Blended Learning; Work-integrated Learning; Inclusive Practices