ARBO605 – Hazard Analysis of Trees
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
Hazard Analysis of Trees
The aim of this modules is to develop students skill and knowledge in the completion of an integrated assessment in hazard analysis of amenity trees.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- ? Describing failure patterns of specific species.
? Hazard analysis
? Determining failure patterns
? Failure pattern ratings
? Examining and critiquing hazard rating systems.
? Conducting field hazard evaluation.
? Introducing and using decay detection equipment.
? Collecting and analyzing data.
? Establishing Hazard rating and making recommendations.
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio is comprised of multiple components. Students need to pass all components of the portfolio with at least 50% in order to pass this module.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Analyze fail pattern determinants of specific tree species and justify failure ratings.
2. Interpret hazard rating systems available to arboriculture industry and critique their usability.
3. Undertake amenity tree hazard analysis through the interpretation of evaluation data to establish hazard rating and prescribe recommendations.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Project-based learning; Flipped Classroom; Blended Learning; Work-integrated Learning; Inclusive Practices