ANML606 – Veterinary Nursing Practicum 2
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
Veterinary Nursing Practicum 2
To enable students to enhance and consolidate their advanced veterinary nursing knowledge, skills and attributes in a veterinary environment. Includes 120 hours of work placement.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1:Demonstrate integrated and comprehensive knowledge and skills of a range of advanced clinical and technical veterinary nursing tasks, in accordance with the relevant professional, ethical and legal frameworks.
2:Manage their own and others professional practice in accordance with the Veterinary Nursing Code of Professional Conduct and critically evaluate their abilities and limitations.
3:Critically reflect on their role as a veterinary nurse and engage in ongoing professional and personal development.
- -Reflective practice for professional and personal development and patient care.
-Adherence to the Veterinary Nursing Code of professional conduct
-Advanced nursing techniques (physiotherapy, bandaging, oxygen therapy); dental procedures
-Theatre practice; anaesthetic plans and patient monitoring
-120 hours work placement
-Professional practice attributes: Compliance with workplace health and safety requirements; knowledge of relevant legislation and animal welfare standards; effective communication skills, effective delegation skills; professional and ethical behaviour; cultural recognition and sensitivity; teamwork; accurate record-keeping; sustainable practice.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Learning will be facilitated using a range of teaching and learning methods, which may include: tutor facilitated and directed presentations and/or lectures, practical or workshop sessions and activities, guest speakers from industry, demonstrations, online learning activities, scenarios and case studies.
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment 1Portfolio of evidence1001, 2