To expand on fundamental songwriting tools and analyse and apply appropriate songwriting strategies in relation to a range of contexts.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Blended – methods will involve online activities, portfolio, tutorials, lectures, workshops, group activities, guest speakers, field trips, critiques, collaborative projects, as appropriate.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Analyse methods and strategies of contemporary songwriting practice
2. Apply relevant songwriting strategies in the creation of a portfolio of work
3. Demonstrate ability to act and think independently through a reflective process
- • Contemporary songwriting strategies
• Models of collaborative songwriting practice
• Contextual research
• Artistry and aesthetics
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio is comprised of multiple components. Students must complete all assessments and gain an overall mark of 50% in order to pass this module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- • Studio and presentation spaces
• Domain-specific software and tools, including industry-spec computers.