SPRT501 – Fitness Industry Business Skills
Fitness Industry Business Skills
To introduce students to the key concepts of marketing, business and customer retention.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Identify key marketing tools and techniques used in the fitness industry.
Outline key business tools and practices that support exercise professionals in their business.
Identify motivational and communication techniques to enhance client commitment to exercise programmes.
- -Fitness industry business models
-Technology and online tools
-Financial basics including taxes
-Sales/Marketing techniques and tools
-Health and safety
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Blended delivery of theory, online, practical activities and work based learning.
Lectures will be used to introduce key themes and main topics to the students. Guest speakers may be invited on specialist topics.
Tutorials will develop concepts further through group work, projects and online learning. The assessments will encourage reflection on important concepts taught throughout the course.
- Assessment Criteria
- To pass this module students must complete all assessments and accumulate an overall module mark of no less than 50