SPOE507 – Outdoor Pursuits Guiding
Outdoor Pursuits Guiding
To allow students to experience a range of outdoor leadership situations that enable them to develop personal instruction or guiding experience and leadership experience in a range of outdoor activities whilst under direct supervision.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Project-based learning; Blended Learning; Group work; Practical activities
- Learning Outcomes
- 1: Apply knowledge of outdoor leadership.
2: Apply knowledge of planning, leading and evaluating leadership experiences.
3: Apply logistics and safety management to lead outdoor activities.
- - Adventure Based Learning
- Leadership skills for a range of outdoor pursuits that could include but are not limited to tramping, camping, kayaking, canoeing, mountain biking, rock climbing, caving, mountaineering, and adventure based learning and high/low ropes.
- Outdoor leadership and group dynamics.
- Leadership practice in an outdoor context.
- Evaluation of leadership.
- Professionalism in a leadership role.
- Trip planning.
- Safety management.
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio of evidence comprises of multiple components. Students need to provide sufficient evidence against all learning outcomes and accumulate an overall module mark of no less than 50%.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Texts and readings will be determined by the lecturer and will be provided to the student in the individual module handbook