SPOE505 – Advanced Outdoor Technical Development 1
Advanced Outdoor Technical Development 1
To provide students with a range of outdoor pursuit experiences and provide opportunities to learn technical skills in a range of outdoor pursuits. Participation in this course contributes to the development of students’ personal technical skill sets in a range of outdoor pursuits. (Note: this module and module SPOE506 share the same aim and learning outcomes but students will undertake different outdoor pursuits in each module, i.e. there will be no duplication of outdoor pursuits across the two modules, outdoor pursuits undertaken in this module cannot be undertaken in SPOE506.)
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Project-based learning; Blended Learning; Group work; Practical activities
- Learning Outcomes
- 1: Identify and use equipment needed for specific outdoor adventure activities.
2: Demonstrate personal skills and competence in technical outdoor adventure pursuits.
3: Demonstrate personal safety management competence in a range of outdoor adventure pursuits.
- - Personal technical skills for a range of outdoor pursuits that could include but are not limited to: tramping, camping, kayaking, sea kayaking, canoeing and mountain biking.
- Technical equipment needed for outdoor adventure activities.
- Equipment Lists
- Trip planning and methodology
- Risk management
- Achieve Technical Competency in a minimum of two outdoor pursuits.
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio of evidence comprises of multiple components. Students need to provide sufficient evidence against all learning outcomes and accumulate an overall module mark of no less than 50%.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Texts and readings will be determined by the lecturer and will be provided to the student in the individual module handbooks.