SPOE504 – Enviro Safety Management
Enviro Safety Management
To further students knowledge in outdoor safety management systems, environmental management and the appropriate responses needed to an outdoor emergency care situation.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Project-based learning; Blended Learning; Group work; Practical activities
- Learning Outcomes
- 1: Apply knowledge of outdoor safety management systems.
2: Demonstrate appropriate responses to emergency first aid situations in a range of outdoor contexts.
3: Apply risk management theories and practices in a range of outdoor contexts.
- - Pre Hospital Emergency Care First Aid.
- Communication skills
- Safety Management Systems (SMS)
- Activity Management Plans (AMP)
- Health and Safety
- Risk management theory
- Hazard Registers
- Environmental management
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio of evidence comprises of multiple components. Students need to provide sufficient evidence against all learning outcomes and accumulate an overall module mark of no less than 50%.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Texts and readings will be determined by the lecturer and will be provided to the student in the individual module handbooks.