SPOE503 – Human Performance in the Outdoors
Human Performance in the Outdoors
To provide students with the knowledge and applied skills to manage themselves safely and demonstrate sustainable practices in a variety of outdoor adventure activities.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Project-based learning; Blended Learning; Group work; Practical activities
- Learning Outcomes
- 1: Apply knowledge of basic anatomy, physiology and psychology.
2: Apply knowledge of nutrition principles to enhance personal performance in outdoor adventure activities.
3: Apply safe self-management and sustainable practices to participate safely in a range of outdoor activities.
- - Anatomy, physiology and psychology.
- Nutrition principles and dietary requirements.
- Design and planning for training to enhance personal performance.
- Multi day journeys
- Meal planning.
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio of evidence comprises of multiple components. Students need to provide sufficient evidence against all learning outcomes and accumulate an overall module mark of no less than 50%.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Texts and readings will be determined by the lecturer and will be provided to the student in the individual module handbooks.