SPOE408 – Outdoor Performance
To provide students with the knowledge and applied skills to manage themselves safely and demonstrate sustainable practices in a variety of outdoor adventure activities.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Apply knowledge of basic anatomy, physiology and psychology.
Apply knowledge of nutrition principles to enhance personal performance in outdoor adventure activities.
Demonstrate and apply safe self-management and sustainable practices to participate safely in a range of outdoor activities.
- - Anatomy, physiology and psychology.
- Nutrition principles and dietary requirements.
- Design and planning for training to enhance personal performance.
- Multi day journeys
- Meal planning.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Blended delivery of theory, online, and practical activities.
Lectures will be used to introduce key themes and main topics to the students. Tutorials will develop concepts further through group work, projects and online learning. The assessments will encourage reflection on important concepts taught throughout the course.
- Assessment Criteria
- To pass this module students must complete all assessments and accumulate an overall module mark of no less than 50%.