Applied Exercise Programming
To provide students with the opportunity to apply theoretical knowledge and practical skills of exercise programming and personal fitness training gained throughout the programme to simulated and actual work environments.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Undertake all aspects of work as a personal trainer in a supervised, simulated work
environment with informal volunteer clients. Students will be able to apply the required
professional standards in communication, nutrition and exercise programming.
2. Experience working in the Personal Training Industry and develop an awareness of the
nature and scope of employment in the industry through placements in gymnasiums and
other community agencies
3. Apply the business principles of Personal Training as required by standards.
- Personal Training experience
Fitness Industry experience
Self Reflective Analysis
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Lectures and tutorials
Placement in external agency
Self-directed practical experience
- Assessment Criteria
- Competency based.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Required Text:
An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the course. This will be updated annually.