Physiological Preparation for Sport
To provide students with in-depth knowledge, skills and professional competencies in the application of advanced laboratory techniques for evaluating, monitoring and enhancing sport performance.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Evaluate a range of sport specific physiological profiles
2. Interpret laboratory based physiological assessments with respect to established
3. Effectively report the results of lab based physiological assessments to appropriate
4. Demonstrate a high degree of accuracy and safety in advanced laboratory based
5. Critically analyse external factors that influence acute and chronic physiological
adaptations to exercise.
- Physiological profiling of sports performance
Review of lab based physical assessment protocols
Lab based tests will be conducted in the following areas (list includes, but is not limited to the following):
- Aerobic Power
- Anaerobic Power (includes tests of muscular power)
Using test results to inform program design (optimisation of training)
Travelling and overseas compe
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Lectures, Tutorials, Practicals and Case Studies
- Assessment Criteria
- Candidates must achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from assessments to receive a passing grade for this module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Required Text:
An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the course. This will be updated annually.