SPHP618 – Biochemistry
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
To provide students with relevant knowledge of biochemistry as a foundation for advanced study in sport and exercise science. The module provides the fundamental knowledge required for understanding of applied principles and practices in sport and exercise science.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Demonstrate an understanding of fundamental concepts of biochemistry relevant to
2. Identify the basic chemistry of molecules involved in sport science.
3. Describe the human metabolic processes involved in sport and exercise science.
- - Chemicals and chemical interactions
- Nucleic acids and gene expression
- Exercise Metabolism
- Metabolites and enzymes
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Lectures, laboratory practicals and tutorials
- Assessment Criteria
- Candidates must achieve a minimum result of 40 in the final examination of this module. They must achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from assessments to receive a passing grade for this module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Required Text:
An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the course. This will be updated annually.