SPHP607 – Sport and Exercise Psychology
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
Sport and Exercise Psychology
To introduce students to methods of behaviour manipulation using psychological skills training and exercise strategies.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Identify psychological skills training and methods, the concepts surrounding them and their
application in both sport and physical activity settings.
2. Identify exercise barriers and how to apply strategies to overcome these barriers..
- - Barriers to Exercise Adherence
- Strategies for Exercise Adherence
- Psychological Skills Training
- Psychological Methods
- Mental Toughness
- Application of motivational theories
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Lectures will be used to introduce key themes and main topics to the students. Tutorial will develop concepts further and provide tasks for application to real life scenarios. The assignments will encourage reflection on important concepts taught throughout the year.
- Assessment Criteria
- Candidates must achieve a minimum result of 40 in the final examination of this module. They must achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from assessments to receive a passing grade for this module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Required Text:
An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the course. This will be updated annually.