Human Body Systems 2
To introduce students to the structure, components and function of the Digestive, Urinary, Immune and Lymphatic systems. This will provide a foundation to the study of sport and exercise science.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1.Describe the basic anatomy, physiology and functions of the digestive system
2.Describe the basic anatomy, physiology and functions of the urinary system
3.Describe the basic anatomy, physiology and functions of the immune system
4.Describe the basic anatomy, physiology and functions of the lymphatic system
- -Digestive system
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Lectures will be used to introduce key themes and main topics to the students. Practical laboratory sessions and tutorials will develop concepts further through kinaesthetic or visual tasks. The assignments will encourage reflection on important concepts taught throughout the year.
- Assessment Criteria
- Candidates must achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from assessments to receive a passing grade for this module.
- Required Textbooks
- An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the course. This will be updated annually.