SPHP507 – Introduction to Sport and Exercise Psychology
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
Introduction to Sport and Exercise Psychology
To introduce students to some of the core concepts relating to behaviour, motivation and exercise adherence.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1.Demonstrate an introductory knowledge of behaviour principles.
2.Identify concepts and theories of motivation in the field of sport and exercise.
3.Demonstrate the skills required to research, write and present material in a scientific format in the Wintec learning environment.
- -Classical Conditioning
-Behaviour Analytic Training
-Transtheoretical Model of Behaviour Change
-Learning style and study habits
-Word / Excel / Powerpoint
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Lectures will be used to introduce key themes and main topics to the students. Tutorial will develop concepts further through kinaesthetic or visual tasks. The assignments will encourage reflection on important concepts taught throughout the year.
- Assessment Criteria
- Candidates must achieve a minimum result of 40 in the final examination of this module. They must achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from assessments to receive a passing grade for this module.
- Required Textbooks
- An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the course. This will be updated annually.