SPHP503 – Human Body Systems 1
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
Human Body Systems 1
To introduce students to the structure, components and function of the Cardiovascular, Respiratory, Nervous, Endocrine Systems. Muscle physiology will also be introduced. This will provide a foundation for the study of sport and exercise science.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1.Describe the basic anatomy, physiology and functions of the cardiovascular system
2.Describe the basic anatomy, physiology and functions of the respiratory system
3.Describe the basic anatomy, physiology and functions of the nervous system
4.Describe the basic anatomy, physiology and functions of the endocrine system
5.Describe the basic anatomy, physiology and functions of the musculoskeletal system
- -Cardiovascular system
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Lectures will be used to introduce key themes and main topics to the students. Tutorial will develop concepts further through kinaesthetic or visual tasks. The assignments will encourage reflection on important concepts taught throughout the year.
- Assessment Criteria
- Candidates must achieve a minimum C grade pass overall from assessments to receive a passing grade for this module.
- Required Textbooks
- An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the course. This will be updated annually.