PRNT501 – Screen Printing
To introduce learners to the fundamental aspects of screen printing using both digital and analogue processes.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Blended – methods will involve studio practice, tutorials, online activities, demonstrations, workshops, group activities, guest speakers, field trips, critiques, as appropriate.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Apply knowledge of established screen printing codes and conventions
2. Demonstrate the ability to research to inform a screen printing project
3. Demonstrate the ability to analyse and practise screen printing processes
- • Screen printing processes and set up
• Digital file processing and analogue techniques to a screen printed output
• Screen-printing composition values
• Image control through screen printing techniques
• Contextual research
- Assessment Criteria
- To pass this module learners must complete all assignments and accumulate an overall course mark of no less than 50%.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- • Studio and presentation spaces
• Domain-specific software and tools, including industry-spec computers.