To introduce students to the fundamental skills and creative aspects of darkroom photography.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Blended – methods will involve tutorials, lectures, workshops, group activities, Moodle exercises, portfolio, tutor/peer critiques.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Demonstrate proficiency across a range of analogue photography processes and skills.
2. Analyse, understand, and apply codes and conventions of the photographic discipline.
3. Demonstrate an ability to think and work through a reflective process.
4. Create, develop, and integrate a broad range of content in response to a project brief.
- • Manual SLR film camera function overview
• Black and white film processing and developing
• Darkroom printing and developing processes
• Photographic compositional values
• Editing processes for a refined series of prints
• Contextual research
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio is comprised of multiple components. To pass this module learners must complete all assignments and accumulate an overall course mark of no less than 50%.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Teaching classroom space for presentation, delivery and critique
Darkroom space: enlarger per student, chemical processing areas, printing areas.