NURS809 – Advanced Nursing Practice in Breast Care
Advanced Nursing Practice in Breast Care
This module is designed to enable registered nurses to advance their knowledge and skills for nursing practice to meet the health care needs of clients using breast care services. Participants will explore nursing roles and relationships within interprofessional breast care services, and develop strategies to advance nursing knowledge and therapeutic skills for a holistic approach to women's health.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Critically examine advanced nursing practice in breast care and women's health.
Evaluate population health data and understand the implications of screening well populations.
Evaluate and utilise diagnostic and collaborative therapeutic approaches for breast care nursing.
Demonstrate competence in advanced health assessment and therapeutic interventions with clients in breast care and/or primary health care.
Develop strength-based educational approaches for health promotion, recovery and quality of life.
- -Advanced nursing knowledge and skills for breast care nursing
-Health priorities and health inequalities in breast care and women's health
-Cultural considerations for women in breast care
-Ethical implications of health screening
-Pathophysiology of specific breast disorders
-Advanced health assessment, diagnostic and therapeutic approaches
-Application of relevant research findings
-Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of relevant medications
-Strength based educational approaches for health promotion and recovery
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching and learning methods in this online web enabled module include theoretical and online tutorial sessions, workshops, group activities, discussion, independent learning, assignments and presentations. Students will be required to seek the support of a clinical mentor for this module. This mentorship may be provided by an experienced Breast Care Nurse and, where necessary, physicians who are able to support students in practice development and case review.
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment 1Assignment 30
Assessment 2 Online learning activities30
Assessment 3 Clinical case review40