NURS808 – Advanced Cardiac Nursing Practice
Advanced Cardiac Nursing Practice
This module is designed to enable registered nurses to advance their knowledge and skills for nursing practice to meet the complex cardiac health needs of consumers in specific populations. Nurses will explore nursing roles and relationships within interprofessional health teams and develop strategies to advance knowledge and therapeutic skills for cardiac nursing.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Critically analyse cardiac nursing as an area of advanced practice within the context of New Zealand population health.
Integrate and articulate advanced knowledge of the cardiovascular pathophysiology to underpin the development of advanced cardiac care nursing practice.
Synthesise pharmacological, epidemiological, clinical, experiential and cultural knowledge to underpin cardiac care treatments.
Critically evaluate approaches for cardiac health promotion, recovery and quality of life.
Develop professional leadership in advanced cardiac care nursing through innovative health care responses in partnership with colleagues, patients/families/whanau and communities.
- Health priorities and health inequalities in cardiac care in NZ
-Advanced cardiac nursing knowledge and skills
-Pathophysiology of specific cardiac conditions
-Advanced health assessment, diagnostic and therapeutic approaches
-Evidence bases for clinical reasoning and intervention
-Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of relevant medications
-Strength based educational approaches for health promotion, recovery and quality of life
-Collaborative practice and leadership in cardiac nursing
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching and learning methods in this web enable module include: face to face and online sessions including lectures, tutorials, group activities, discussion, independent learning, and assignments. Inquiry based teaching approaches will engage students in learning activities that draws on practice experiences, facilitating knowledge and skill development within their area of practice.
- Assessment Criteria
- PortfolioPortfolio of Evidence100