NURS762 – Te Mahi Kotui
Te Mahi Kotui
To transition to the registered nurse scope of practice.
- Total learning hours
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- May include: Project-based Learning; Flipped Classroom; Blended Learning; Work-integrated Learning; Inclusive Practices.
Methods may include workshops and practical classes, tutorials, case-based learning, inquiry-based learning, group activities & discussion, supported online learning, practice simulation.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Exemplify critical thinking, clinical reasoning and decision making; and professional awareness in clinical practice when working in partnership with individuals, whanau and other health professionals.
2. Apply the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi/The Treaty of Waitangi and integrate knowledge of Te Ao Maori in the practice context.
3. Engage in appropriate self-care strategies.
4. Demonstrate clinical competence for entry to the registered nurse scope of practice.
- Learning Outcome 1
Assessment, clinical decision-making, reasoning and judgement in nursing
Culturally responsive environment
Pharmacology and pathophysiology knowledge and principles for healthcare practice and medicine management
Responsibilities of direction and delegation for nursing practice
Information technology and health information management systems
Learning Outcome 2
Te Tiriti o Waitangi and integration of knowledge of Te Ao Maori in practice
Tikanga Maori, Te Reo,
Learning Outcome 3
Models of self-care
Learning Outcome 4
Nursing Council of New Zealand competencies for the registered nurse scope of practice
- Basic of Assessment
- The portfolio is comprised of multiple components. Students need to provide evidence against all learning outcomes and gain 50% in the Evidence Portfolio with a minimum mark of 40% in each part of the portfolio and pass the Clinical Competence Assessment to pass this module. Students must complete a minimum of 360 hours of clinical practicum to be eligible to complete the Clinical Competence Assessment.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- An extended reading list will be supplied by the academic staff member at the commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.