NURS523 – Nga Horopaki Papori o nga Tapuhi o Aotearoa
Nga Horopaki Papori o nga Tapuhi o Aotearoa
To understand the significance of cultural identity and own ways of being within the context of nursing in Aotearoa.
- Total learning hours
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- May include: Project-based Learning; Flipped Classroom; Blended Learning; Work-integrated Learning; Inclusive Practices.
Methods may include workshops and practical classes, tutorials, case-based learning, inquiry-based learning, group activities & discussion, supported online learning, practice simulation.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Discuss the concept of culture and cultural safety in nursing.
2. Explore the relationship between culture and identity.
3. Describe Te Tiriti o Waitangi/The Treaty of Waitangi and discuss its significance for Aotearoa.
4. Discuss the historical mechanisms of colonisation and the impact on hauora in Aotearoa.
- Learning Outcome 1
Learning Outcome 2
Construct of identity
Learning Outcome 3
Cultural identity in the hauora context of Aotearoa
Te Tiriti o Waitangi/The Treaty of Waitangi
Learning Outcome 4
Colonisation/post-colonisation and hauora
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio is comprised of multiple components. Students need to provide evidence against all learning outcomes and gain an overall mark of 50%% to pass this module with a minimum mark of 40% in each part of the portfolio.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- An extended reading list will be supplied by the academic staff member at the commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.