MG5019 – Electronics 1
To develop an understanding of the analysis of analogue circuits and the use of simulation programs to determine circuit performance.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- On successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
1. Design and analyse first order RC filters.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of operational amplifiers as applied to the design of practical circuits.
3. Demonstrate knowledge of DAC and ADC circuits.
4. Explain the principles of switching regulators.
5. Demonstrate knowledge of active filters.
- • First order RC low and high pass filters are identified, analysed, and component calculations are performed in accordance with industry practice
• Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of operational amplifiers as applied to the design of practical circuits
• Operational amplifiers are selected for a given application using supplied data sheets
• DAC and ADC operation and applications are described in accordance with industry practice
• Step-up and step-down switching regulator concepts, operation, and applications are explained in accordance with industry practice
• Active filter concepts, operation, and applications are described in accordance with industry practice