MASS604 – Applied Clinical Practice
Applied Clinical Practice
This course utilises supervised clinical environments to apply skills and knowledge learnt throughout the programme to identify, analyse, synthesise and interpret clients dysfunction to develop appropriate treatment plans
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Apply and interpret outcome measures to clinical assessment procedures
Apply clinical reasoning processes to synthesise client goals and treatment plans
Identify and apply massage techniques in accordance to clinical assessment
Evaluate outcomes and modify client goals and treatment plan in response to clinical reasoning process
Critically reflect on clinical reasoning processes and professional practices.
- - Clinical reasoning and best clinical research-based practice (research literacy)
- Connection between assessment findings subjective and objective and a planning comprehensive treatment plan
- SMART goals
- Client self-care advice
- Clinical report writing; critical reflection on practices in the clinic (100 supervised hours recorded in a logbook)
- Record keeping and clinic management; written and verbal referrals
- Communication with other health professionals
- Outcome measures -validated measurement tools.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Learner-Centred Approach: Instructional and learning experiences that address the distinct learning needs of students.
• Authentic Learning: Instructional and learning experiences that focus on connecting learning to real-world issues and problems.
• Inquiry-based Learning: Learning experiences that enables students to experience the processes of knowledge creation.
- Assessment Criteria
- To pass this module the student must complete all assignments and accumulate an overall module mark of no less than 50%