MASS602 – Massage Therapy for Pathology
Massage Therapy for Pathology
This course will provide a theoretical foundation of disease pathology, medical diagnosis, biomedical, pharmacological interventions and psychosocial factors and the implications for massage therapy
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Identify pathological processes on body systems and medical diagnostic testing associated with disease processes
Analyse and interpret the physiological, psychological and psychosocial effects of massage therapy on disease processes of body systems
Analyse and identify the implications for effects of massage therapy on pain management and pharmacological interventions used in the treatment of disease process
- - Pathology - disease processes and body systems impact
- Medical diagnostic testing
- Pain management
- Psychosocial and pharmacological implications for massage therapy.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- • Learner-Centred Approach: Instructional and learning experiences that address the distinct learning needs of students.
• Authentic Learning: Instructional and learning experiences that focus on connecting learning to real-world issues and problems.
• Inquiry-based Learning: Learning experiences that enables students to experience the processes of knowledge creation.
- Assessment Criteria
- To pass this module the student must complete all assignments and accumulate an overall module mark of 50%.