To introduce students to the fundamentals of songwriting. This course will cover songwriting practice in a range of musical contexts.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Identify codes and conventions of popular song
2. Apply fundamental songwriting techniques in the creation of a portfolio of work
3. Demonstrate ability to act and think through a reflective process
- • Idea generation
• Song form and structure
• Lyric writing
• Musical considerations
• Songwriting tools
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio is comprised of multiple components. Students need to provide sufficient evidence against all learning outcomes and gain an overall mark of at least 50% in order to pass this module.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Project, Inquiry and Studio based learning. Other methods will involve online activities, ePortfolio, tutorials, lectures, workshops, group activities, guest speakers, field trips, critiques, collaborative projects, as appropriate