LANG463 – Level 4 (Employment) - Writing
Level 4 (Employment) - Writing
This module aims to develop writing skills to meet academic needs of students at a CEFR mid B2 level. They will develop skills in writing clear connected texts presenting an argument, and/or supporting and evaluating different views on a range of academic topics.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Write business messages including letters and emails for a range of work-related purposes.
Write a report to describe a workplace event, system, process and/or product using researched material in English for an employment purpose.
Write coherently on a range of work-related topics linking ideas appropriately and effectively, supporting and evaluating different views.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Key approaches to instruction include selection of authentic and semi-authentic language models; clear contextualisation and effective presentation of new language; varied interaction – individual, pair, group, whole-class activities; information-gap activities; task-based activities; integration of skills; focus on accuracy and fluency; effective treatment of errors; valid and reliable assessment; integration of current technologies
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the course. This will be updated annually.
- Assessment Criteria
- The portfolio is comprised of multiple assessment tasks, not tests alone. To pass this module, students must attempt all assessment tasks.