LADE416 – Landscape Services
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
The aim of this module is to develop student's knowledge and skill in the installation and maintenance of landscape drainage, irrigation and lighting, and gain competence in instructing and supervising workers on site.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate knowledge of use of landscape drainage systems for sustainably managing water issues.
Provide instruction and supervise the safe installation and maintenance of an irrigation system and landscape drainage systems as specified in a landscape plan
Demonstrate knowledge of the principles and process of irrigation.
Provide instruction and supervise the safe installation and maintenance of 12 volt garden lighting as specified in a landscape plan.
- -Instruction and supervision techniques.
-Irrigation; establish flow rates, irrigation zones, irrigation plan layout.
-Installation of spray, and popup residential irrigation systems, setting simple zone timers.
-Lighting; 12 volt light fitting range, use and effects, circuits, switchings, types of bulbs and limitations.
-Lighting installation process.
-Coordinate specialist contractors for drainage, irrigation, and lighting as required.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching and learning methods will be face to face delivery including workshops, project based interactive tasks, with group sessions, tutorials, and creation of portfolios of evidence.
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment is achievement based. Students need to submit all components within the portfolio and gain a minimum of 50 in each component including carrying out all tasks in a safe manner and to industry standards to pass this module.