LADE310 – Irrigation
The aim of this module is to develop student’s skill and knowledge in the installation of an irrigation system.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- As per Ako: Teaching and Learning Directions – Project-based learning; Flipped Classroom; Blended Learning; Work-integrated Learning; Inclusive Practices
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Install a system for horticulture irrigation
2. Install automatic controls under supervision
- - Identification of materials suitable for irrigation systems, covering; headers, laterals, emitters, valves, filters joiners, threaded fittings.
- Selection of tools and equipment needed for installing irrigation, and their correct use
- System explanation, and installation according to instruction
- Testing and inspecting irrigation system for leaks and performance
- Electric circuit and solenoid switching systems
- Running out of electric wires and installations and connection of solenoids for automatic control
- Testing of automatic irrigation control
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment in this module is mixed mode. Students must gain a minimum mark of 50% in the achievement-based assessments and meet all the requirements of the competency-based assessments including carrying out all tasks in a safe manner and to industry standard to be eligible for a final grade for this module. The final grade will be based on the marks from the achievement-based assessment tasks. Where there are only competency components, pass or fail will be awarded.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- ? Tutorial notes, exercises and readings, flexible, blended learning focus on content and material as projects for project based learning.
? Interactive Moodle platform.