LADE309 – Turf
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
The aim of this modules is to develop student’s skill and knowledge in the identification, sowing and laying of turf grass in landscape work.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- As per Ako: Teaching and Learning Directions – Project-based learning; Flipped Classroom; Blended Learning; Work-integrated Learning; Inclusive Practices
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Identify and sow turfgrass seed, or lay turf areas in landscape work
- - Identification and features of turfgrass used in a range of landscape applications.
- Establishing turf area levels
- Preparing soil
- Sowing seed at recommended sowing rates, or laying turf, uniformly in prepared soil
- Watering newly sown or laid turf
- Wearing PPE appropriate for the task
- Working safely around other people and machinery on site
- Cleaning and storing tools and equipment after use
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment in this module is mixed mode. Students must gain a minimum mark of 50% in the achievement-based assessments and meet all the requirements of the competency-based assessments including carrying out all tasks in a safe manner and to industry standard to be eligible for a final grade for this module. The final grade will be based on the marks from the achievement-based assessment tasks. Where there are only competency components, pass or fail will be awarded.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- ? Tutorial notes, exercises and readings, flexible, blended learning focus on content and material as projects for project based learning.
? Interactive Moodle platform.