LADE307 – Drainage
The aim of this modules is to develop student’s understanding of water flow and drainage systems, and skill in preparing and laying drainage elements in landscape work.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- As per Ako: Teaching and Learning Directions – Project-based learning; Flipped Classroom; Blended Learning; Work-integrated Learning; Inclusive Practices
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Demonstrate understanding of water flow and drainage systems.
2. Prepare and lay drainage elements for landscape construction.
- ? Mechanics of water flow in soil profile and consequences of poor drainage, covering natural flow, rainfall events.
? Situations where drainage systems are required in landscaping.
? Commonly used drainage systems available and their uses.
? Setting out and excavation for drainage elements
? Installation or creation of effective drainage
? Backfilling and compaction
? Wearing PPE appropriate for the task
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment in this module is mixed mode. Students must gain a minimum mark of 50% in the achievement-based assessments and meet all the requirements of the competency-based assessments including carrying out all tasks in a safe manner and to industry standard to be eligible for a final grade for this module. The final grade will be based on the marks from the achievement-based assessment tasks. Where there are only competency components, pass or fail will be awarded.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- ? Tutorial notes, exercises and readings, flexible, blended learning focus on content and material as projects for project based learning.
? Interactive Moodle platform.