LADE306 – Concreting
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
The aim of this module is to develop student’s skill and knowledge in laying a basic concrete pad for landscape work.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- As per Ako: Teaching and Learning Directions – Project-based learning; Flipped Classroom; Blended Learning; Work-integrated Learning; Inclusive Practices
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Lay a basic concrete pad for landscape work.
- ? Preparation of materials and equipment
? Preparation of the work area, covering; setting levels, excavation
? Laying, leveling and compacting base material
? Installation of temporary or permanent edgings
? Measuring, mixing or importing, placing, finishing, protecting and curing concrete
? Wearing PPE appropriate for task
? Working safely around people and machinery on site
? Cleaning and storing tools and equipment after use
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment in this module is mixed mode. Students must gain a minimum mark of 50% in the achievement-based assessments and meet all the requirements of the competency-based assessments including carrying out all tasks in a safe manner and to industry standard to be eligible for a final grade for this module. The final grade will be based on the marks from the achievement-based assessment tasks. Where there are only competency components, pass or fail will be awarded.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- ? Tutorial notes, exercises and readings, flexible, blended learning focus on content and material as projects for project based learning.
? Interactive Moodle platform.