LADE305 – Hard Surfaces
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
The aim of this module is to develop student’s understanding of, and skill in, laying hard surfaces in landscape work.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- As per Ako: Teaching and Learning Directions – Project-based learning; Flipped Classroom; Blended Learning; Work-integrated Learning; Inclusive Practices
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Demonstrate understanding of the uses and limitations of a range of hard surfaces in landscape work
2. Prepare and lay hard surfaces in landscape work.
- ? Uses and limitations of hard surfaces currently in use in landscape work
? Preparation and laying of different types of hard surfaces
? Preparation of materials and equipment
? Preparing the work area, covering; setting levels and excavation
? Laying, leveling and compacting base material
? Installation of temporary or permanent edgings
? Laying hard surfaces, and application of finishing
? Wearing PPE appropriate for the task
? Working safely around other people and machinery on site
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment in this module is mixed mode. Students must gain a minimum mark of 50% in the achievement-based assessments and meet all the requirements of the competency-based assessments including carrying out all tasks in a safe manner and to industry standard to be eligible for a final grade for this module. The final grade will be based on the marks from the achievement-based assessment tasks. Where there are only competency components, pass or fail will be awarded.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- ? Tutorial notes, exercises and readings, flexible, blended learning focus on content and material as projects for project based learning.
? Interactive Moodle platform.