LADE304 – Concrete and Reinforcing
Concrete and Reinforcing
The aim of this module is to develop student’s knowledge of the use of concrete and reinforcing in landscape work.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- As per Ako: Teaching and Learning Directions – Project-based learning; Flipped Classroom; Blended Learning; Work-integrated Learning; Inclusive Practices
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Demonstrate understanding of the use of concrete in landscape work.
2. Demonstrate understanding of the use of reinforcing in landscape work.
- ? Uses and limitations of concrete
? Concrete features, and their implications for application situations, covering; strengths, slumps, additives, curing, protection.
? Concrete finish types
? Situations and applications for batch made and on-site concrete
? Characteristics and types of reinforcing, and reasons why reinforcing is used in construction of landscape features, covering; deformed bars, steel mesh reinforcing.
- Assessment Criteria
- Assessment in this module is mixed mode. Students must gain a minimum mark of 50% in the achievement-based assessments and meet all the requirements of the competency-based assessments including carrying out all tasks in a safe manner and to industry standard to be eligible for a final grade for this module. The final grade will be based on the marks from the achievement-based assessment tasks. Where there are only competency components, pass or fail will be awarded.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- ? Tutorial notes, exercises and readings, flexible, blended learning focus on content and material as projects for project based learning.
? Interactive Moodle platform.