INFO901 – Research Project
Students will demonstrate their competence as ethical researchers by conducting applied research that advances information technology practice.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Select and justify an appropriate research methodology (including data collection and
analysis methods) in order to answer specific research questions that relate to information
2. Collect and analyse data, report results, draw conclusions and make recommendations
that relate to information technology practice
3. Relate the research outcomes to professional practice in information technology
4. Critique the research process and suggest possible improvements and extensions
- - Methodology selection
- Data collection and analysis
- Presentation of results
- Institutional requirements for level 9 research projects
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching and learning methods will involve regular meetings with two assigned academic supervisors and informal discussions with other research students.
- Assessment Criteria
- A grade of C- or better in the assessment. The grade will be determined by the Postgraduate Programme Committee, based on the independent recommendations of two examiners. At least one of the examiners will be external to Wintec (both will be external if the student is a Wintec staff member) and neither will have supervised the student.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Wintec Learning Management Systems, Computer Laboratory
Required Text: None
An extended reference list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module which will be updated as required