INFO816 – Special Topic in Information Technology
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
Special Topic in Information Technology
Students will explore current developments in a specific area of Information Technology.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Investigate a specific topic in information technology using a variety of resources, tools
2. Critically analyse and evaluate information gathered about a specific topic in information
3. Present the findings of an investigation into a specific topic in information technology
- - Sources of information
- Information gathering and analysis
- Technical, social and ethical considerations
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching and learning methods will involve theoretical and practical classes which may include but are not limited to lectures, class discussions, tutorials, case studies, simulations, computer laboratory work, group activities, face-to-face and online activities.
- Assessment Criteria
- In order to receive a passing grade, students must achieve a minimum 40% average over all supervised tests and achieve 50% overall for the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Wintec Learning Management Systems, Computer Laboratory
An extended reference list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module which will be updated as required