Networks and Infrastructure
Students will critically analyse the operation, implementation and management of information technology networks and infrastructure.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Critically assess and implement established and emerging technologies for information technology
networking and infrastructure
2. Evaluate alternative strategies for business continuity and disaster recovery
3. Recommend and justify a strategy for upgrading the information technology infrastructure
of a specific organisation
- - Standard network environments, distributed systems
- Network management systems and tools
- Mobile technologies, cloud computing, virtualisation
- Storage, backup and recovery
- Configuration, integration, operation, monitoring, and performance management issues
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching and learning methods will involve theoretical and practical classes which may include but are not limited to lectures, class discussions, tutorials, case studies, simulations, computer laboratory work, group activities, face-to-face and online activities.
- Assessment Criteria
- In order to receive a passing grade, students must achieve a minimum 40% average over all supervised tests and achieve 50% overall for the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Wintec Learning Management Systems, Computer Laboratory
An extended reference list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module which will be updated as required