INFO803 – Research Proposal
Students will develop a proposal for Level 9 information technology research, including an application for ethical approval.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- Critically analyse research literature related to a specific information technology research project.
Develop and justify a research proposal for a specific IT applied research project
- • Locating and reviewing research literature
• Systematic literature review
• Research strategy/design
• Developing research proposals
• Research hypotheses and questions
• Data collection and analysis methods
• Reliability and validity
• Potential ethical issues in research
• Institutional requirements for approval of research (including ethics)
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching and learning methods will involve theoretical and practical classes which may include but are not limited to lectures, class discussions, tutorials, group activities, face-to-face and online activities.
- Assessment Criteria
- In order to receive a passing grade, students must achieve a minimum 40% average over all supervised tests and achieve 50% overall for the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Wintec Learning Management Systems, Computer Laboratory
An extended reference list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module which will be updated as required