Project Management for Information Technology
Students will examine and evaluate the processes of project management with particular reference to Information Technology projects.
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Analyse and critique the major areas of project management and the role of leadership
2. Evaluate project management methodologies and recommend an appropriate project
management methodology in relation to a specific project
3. Diagnose reasons for success and failure in information technology projects with reference
to accepted project management methodologies
- - Stages of project management (initiation, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling,
- Project management methodologies (including PMBOK, Prince and agile development)
- Estimation, scheduling, metrics
- Risk management and change management
- Assessment Criteria
- In order to receive a passing grade, students must achieve a minimum 40% average over all supervised tests and achieve 50% overall for the module.
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching and learning methods will involve theoretical and practical classes which may include but not limited to lectures, class discussions, tutorials, reflective exercises, case studies, simulations, computer laboratory work, group activities, face-to-face and online activities.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Wintec Learning Management Systems, Computer Laboratory.
- Required Textbooks
- An extended reference list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module which will be updated as required.