INFO701 – Project Management
To enable students to understand and apply the theory of project management with particular emphasis on Information Technology projects.
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Critique and analyse different project management methodologies and their components
2. Analyse common reasons for failures in IT Projects
3. Apply metrics to analyse project profitability
- Distinguishing features of different project management methodologies
- Project management best practice
- Prominent project faiures
- Organisational change management
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Teaching methods will involve theoretical and practical classes which may include but not limited to lectures, class discussions, tutorials, case studies, simulations, computer laboratory work, group activities, face-to-face and online activities.
- Assessment Criteria
- In order to receive a passing grade, students must achieve a minimum 40% average over all supervised tests and achieve 50% overall for the module.
- Learning and Teaching Resource
- Wintec Learning Management Systems, Computer Laboratory
- Required Textbooks
- An extended reading list will be supplied by the tutor at commencement of the module. This will be updated annually.