IMCT424 – IMC in Explosive Atmospheres
Please contact the Student Enrolment & Information Centre to determine a module's availability
IMC in Explosive Atmospheres
To gain a broad operational and theoretical knowledge of Instrumentation in Hazardous Areas
- Directed hours
- Self directed hours
- Total learning hours
- Learning Outcomes
- 1. Report on the integrity of explosion-protected electrical apparatus in explosive atmospheres
2. Demonstrate introductory underpinning knowledge of electrical apparatus in explosive atmospheres
- As specified in the outcomes and the performance criteria for the unit standards listed
- Teaching and Learning Strategy
- Learning will be by way of structured distance learning, either by hardcopy written material and assessments or by on-line learning and assessment. In addition, structured practical learning will take place where students are given a range of tasks to complete and observations to make from their practical findings.
Students will be encouraged to research some aspects of their theory and practical by way of reference to manufacturers’ instructions and device specification sheets which may be via library/database and/or internet searches.
- Assessment Criteria
- Achievement of a pass grade in all portfolios.